The Ministerial Task Team on COVID-19 (MTT) visited Katsina State on the 10th May 2020 as part of her mandate to visit some of the Northern States of Nigeria where increasing cases of COVID-19 are being reported. The objective of the visit was to meet with the COVID-19 Response Team and the State Government to discuss and assess the outbreak response strategies, including best practices, gaps analysis and to provided technical guidance and recommendations to the State and Federal Government on ways to strengthen the state response capacity.
- The team was received by the Permanent Secretary to Katsina State Ministry of Health Dr Kabir Mustapha and proceeded to the EOC meeting held at the State primary health care development Agency Office. Attending the meeting were the incident manager also doubling as the Director Public Health, Executive Secretary Kano SPHCDA, WHO State Coordinator, Medical Director FMC Katsina, NCDC Representative and the various pillar leads. An update of the outbreak situation was provided at the EOC followed by the following activities;
- Visit to the Internally Displaced Person Centre.
- Visit to Federal Medical Centre Katsina.
- Visit to General Amadi Rimi Specialist Hospital (GARSH)
- Assessment Visit to Sahel Centre Molecular and Research Lab
- Briefing Meeting with the Executive Governor of Katsina State, His Excellency Rt Hon Aminu Bello Masari.
LIST OF TEAM MEMBERS
|1||Dr Nasir Sani-Gwarzo||Public Health Expert and Federal Permanent Secretary||Federal Ministry of Industry, trade and investment.||Team lead|
|2||Dr Mojeed Olaitan Rafiu||Consultant Physician and Nephrologist||ISTH||Member|
|3||Dr Ephraim Ogbaini-Emovon||Consultant Clinical virologist and Infection Prevention and Control Specialist||ISTH||Member|
|4||Dr Yemihan Ogbetere||Public Health Physician||ISTH|
|5||Mrs. Martha Okonofua||IPC Expert, and Matron in charge of ISTH Isolation ward||ISTH|