The Ministerial Task Team on COVID-19 (MTT) visited Jigawa State on the 9th of May, 2020 as part of her mandate to visit some of the Northern States of Nigeria where increasing cases of COVID-19 are being reported. The objective of the visit was to meet with the COVID-19 Response Team and the State Government to discuss and assess the outbreak response strategies, including best practices, gaps analysis and to provided technical guidance and recommendations to the State and Federal Government on ways to strengthen the state response capacity.
The team was received by the Honorable Commissioner of Health, Dr Abba Umar Zakari and the State COVID-19 Incident Manager at the NYSC camp where Al-majiris repatriated to the states were being quarantined. An update of the outbreak situation was provided by the Commissioner of Health followed by the following activities;
• Assessment of the NYSC camp isolation/treatment center and meeting with all the unit heads of the Al-majiris.
• Assessment of Jigawa State Centre for Infectious Disease.
• Meeting with the State COVID-19 Task Force pillar leads and NCDC officials.
- Meeting with the Executive Governor of Jigawa State, His Excellency Mohammed Badaru Abubakar (MON)
- Press briefing by the team lead, Dr Nasir Sani-Gwarzo.
|1||Dr Nasir Sani-Gwarzo||Public Health Expert and Federal Permanent Secretary||Federal Ministry of Industry, trade and investment.||Team lead|
|2||Dr Mojeed Olaitan Rafiu||Consultant Physician and Nephrologist||ISTH||Member|
|3||Dr Ephraim Ogbaini-Emovon||Consultant Clinical virologist and Infection Prevention and Control Specialist||ISTH||Member|
|4||Dr Vivian Ajekweneh||Public Health Physician||ISTH||Member|